• Huge archive of high-res pictures of Gianni Agnelli. (lastampa.it) • Now on #menswear: ‘My style is better than your style’. (thegazman.tumblr.com) • Sperry Top-Siders made in Maine. (acontinuouslean.com) • How to wear socks with a suit. (permanentstyle.co.uk) • Thrifting is better than mass market stores. (anaffordablewardrobe.blogspot.com) • Classic Celebrities at Cannes. (wax-wane.com) • Suits [...]
- Sharon & Ozzy Osbourne — Back Together … on a Red Carpet
- Beyonce — Who You Callin’ Pregnant?
- EAT THESE SHORTS Denim, tie dye, chino and swim, we've got you covered when i…
- OJ Simpson — I’m Going On Tour (If I Get Out Of Jail)
- That sarong, those dodgy haircuts and all the fashion mishaps David Beckham want…
- Video: How to Tie Les Shannon’s Lemon Cahill
- Your Hunk of the Day: Nathaniel Sherman
- Chris Brown — Death Threats Made Against Singer, LAPD Investigating
- Danity Kane — Ex-Producer Says He’s Down For Reunion … Diddy Schmiddy
- Paris Hilton — Repeat Swatting Victim … That’s NOT Hot
- Heavy D — Brother Seeks Control of Late Rapper’s Estate
- What’s The Big Frigin’ Difference?
Francis Bacon by Bill Brandt
It’s On Sale: Tellason Denim
For a limited time, you can take 20% off at North River Outfitters with the checkout code matchbook. The code seems to work on everything except Aldens. That includes the Tellason jeans you see here, which have already been discounted to $165. With the code, these come out to $132, with free shipping to boot.
Note, I have no experience with Tellason’s jeans outside of handling them in a store. They seemed nice in person, but as it goes with clothing, you don’t really know the quality of something until you’ve personally worn ...
The Man Who Thrifted A Ferrari
Who’d have thought you could thrift a Ferrari?
Matthew R. is an inveterate thrifter. He says he works seventy hours a week, and he’s been buying and selling second-hand clothes since 1998. Not long ago, he started a consignment service, Luxeswap, and not only do their auctions often crop up in our eBay picks, but I’ve personally trusted him to consign a number of clothes in the past. He’s one of the best menswear sellers on eBay. But truly: I had no idea.
This week, Matthew bought a Ferrari. With thrift store money.
Gay Talese’s outline for “Frank Sinatra Has a Cold,” 1966, written on a shirt board.
If you haven’t seen our segment on Mr. Talese, watch it. And if you haven’t read “Frank Sinatra Has A Cold,” read it.